Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Feathered Friends

A few weeks ago, I heard a weird rustling noise in the house. I discovered that it was coming from the laundry room. I thought there was a mouse in our laundry vent and called Nick at work freaking out. He thought it may be a bird, and sure enough, when I got brave enough to shake the vent, out flew a big bird!

Well, a few days later, I woke up, and a bird was chirping so loud it sounded like it was in the house. I got up, and technically it WAS in the house. It was in the vent chirping away. We discovered that there were 3-4 birds all taking turns building a nest in the vent!

We blocked the vent and filled up a grocery sack of grass and hay. Luckily there weren't any eggs. Then, we quickly rushed to Lowe's and bought a bird guard to put outside on the vent. Those noisy, messy feathered friends are going to have to live somewhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment