Friday, April 8, 2011

Storms

Although they scare me, I really like good windy, lightning filled storms. I don't like a ton with NO tornado sirens. That combined with power out, no cell service, and water pouring through my back door... I'm not a fan.

Here's the water that came pouring through our back door during last week's storm. We had 80-100 mph straight line winds. The sight and sound hitting our back door was not fun. However for the boys, locked in a closet, in the dark, it was lots of fun.
This is the gas station down the street from our neighborhood. It had it's awning blown off. There were 6 powerlines broken and hanging next to Briley's school, and power out for days. Luckily ours was only out for about 5 hours. Our town definitely got hit the worst. There was lots of damage to buildings and lots of trees blown down.

No comments:

Post a Comment