Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Artist in the Making

Briley has always been interested and really good at coloring and drawing. I remember when he was 3, he gave me a mug for Christmas where he drew our family. I was amazed at how good he did.

A few months ago, we started going to the library every Thursday. Briley was ready to start reading chapter books, and I thought the library would be the best way to find some. It's ended up being a weekly trip since then. He gets so excited to go. It really makes mommy proud.

He loves the series called Ricky and His Mighty Robot. (He is all into series, collectibles, etc. If there are 10, he must have them.) So of course, we must read every chapter book.

At the end of these books, there are pictures that show you how to draw the characters step by step. So when we got the first book, Briley looked through it on his way home. When we got home, Lawson and I checked the mail and cleaned up outside. Meanwhile Briley disappeared inside.

I came in to find him all set up with his book, paper, and markers.

He was drawing Ricky step by step. (You can click on the picture to see it bigger.)
I was amazed and so proud of how well he did. This was completely on his own with no help.

1 comment:

  1. I'm beyond impressed - that's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete