I can't believe it's back to school time! (Well kinda...) Lawson started his new 3 year old class this week.
I've been a little worried about it. We decided to switch him to B's big boy school, and he was leaving Miss Lisa. Well, during the summer, his separation anxiety kicked in full force. He'd even cry and scream when I left him at home with daddy. Fortunately, since I've been able to stay home with the boys, this doesn't affect me nearly as much as it did when I was teaching. I KNOW he has to learn to separate better, and school is the place to do it. So... we went to Open House last week to meet his new teachers. We learned their names and took a picture with them so that we could look at it all weekend.
(Oh and I warned his new teachers about the upcoming screaming that would happen.)
Well, Monday morning came along and he woke up bright and early asking if it was time for school. By 8am his was dressed and walking around with his backpack and lunchbox. We took some first day of school pictures, hopped in the car, and were off.
I think the Spiderman lunchbox helped a ton :) He is so excited about it.
In the car, he lets me know that all of his new friends and teachers are asking where Lawson is. They were ALL waiting for him ;) He charges straight into his room, asks where to put his lunchbox, where his hook is, and says "Bye Mommy". His teachers look at me like, "Really???? Where is the screamer you warned us about?" It was amazing, and I was so very proud of him.

While we're talking school, I thought I should do a quick comparison of both boys on their first days of 3 year old MDO.

B, on the other hand, is NOT starting kindergarten this week. I am so insanely frustrated with the whole situation that I can barely put it into words. Not because I am ready to ship him off to school, but because it's been something we've counted down to for a month now. He was sooo excited for his test day on Tuesday and 1/2 day transition on Thursday. However, schools in our county were postponed "indefinitely" this week because of budget issues. You can read more about it here: http://hendersonvillenews.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-happened-last-night.html or here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=965899837339 or here: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-825925 But basically, it is a huge mess and every student in our county is suffering. (Although it doesn't feel like it since we're all hanging out at the pool together and going on extra playdates. But really, get it together people!) Anyway, hopefully, I'll have some KG back to school pictures of this big guy soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment