Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our New Toy

We live about 2-3 miles from Old Hickory Lake. When we moved here, we had no idea that the lake was a recreational lake. We even sold Nick's fishing boat. Then we get here and realize that there's a boat dock 3 miles from our house! We spent last summer with a major itch for a boat. Nick... fishing boat, me... ski boat! So the weather started warming up, the boats started coming out, and we decided to take the plunge! Photobucket We picked it up after B's soccer game.  The boys were so excited to see it behind Daddy's truck.  I think it made them realize it was ours!  Photobucket My sister and parents were coming in town the next day. Luckily, Tammy came in town just in time to take the boat out with us. I am sooooo glad she did, because that meant she could back the boat into the lake. I was having panic attacks about it. She definitely saved the day!

Photobucket

She even helped Nick as he was learning how to drive it. A ski boat is not the same as his aluminum fishing boat!

Photobucket

Here's the inside of it. I'm foreseeing hours and hours laying out up front.

Photobucket

We went to visit it one day at the dock. B and L are so excited to go tubing.

Photobucket

Last week, we took it out and wore our bathing suits. B was determined to swim in the lake. The water was FREEZING. I even had to jump in and rescue Lawson. We will have to work on learning how to swim with a life jacket on because he was kicking AWAY from the boat instead of TOWARD the boat. Nick got to use Lasik as an excuse, so I was the lucky one to rescue the Lawman from swimming away with the fishies.   Fun times I tell you.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! I remember our trips out on your parents boat and water skiing and swimming with the gators!! Boats are awesome. The boys are going to love summers! congrats on the new toy!!

    ReplyDelete