Easter weekend started off with Daddy's surgery. Papaw came in town that night, and the boys were so excited to have him spend the night and be there in the morning too. (Last time he came, he had to leave before they woke up.) Briley is back into riding his bike with no training wheels, so the boys had to go out early that morning and show off their bike riding skills.
We had a big package come in, so I let the boys decorate and use it as a fort. It didn't last as long as I thought, but it was still fun.


I didn't do much cutesy Easter stuff this year, but I do have to say that we did a really good job learning the story of Easter. That's the most important part too! We used the Resurrection Eggs that I made at MOPS. If you don't have them, you need to look them up! They are a fabulous way to learn the story of Jesus' Resurrection. There is an egg with an item, and you open one egg a day for 12 days before Easter. Each item tells a part of the story Jesus' death and resurrection. On Saturday, we made Resurrection Rolls. They were yummy and another great way to learn the story.

B took these:

We rolled marshmallows in butter (the oils) and cinnamon/sugar (the spices) and wrapped them with crescent rolls (the linens).

After they baked in the oven, they looked like this:

When we woke up Easter morning, the Easter bunny had stopped by! We searched for eggs,


and found Easter baskets.



I need to remember to put them in cute pj's the night before Easter! After our egg hunt and digging into some candy, we headed off to the early service at church. All dressed and out of the house by 7:30 was pretty impressive! With so much time left in our day, we did some boat shopping, and then headed off to Opry Mills mall. It's finally open! I couldn't be more excited to have a mall close to us again, and the boys were excited to check out the Lego Store!


We never managed to get a full Easter family picture, but we had a great day. Lawson came home to nap, and then we headed to dinner with friends. It was a great Easter!
We had a big package come in, so I let the boys decorate and use it as a fort. It didn't last as long as I thought, but it was still fun.


I didn't do much cutesy Easter stuff this year, but I do have to say that we did a really good job learning the story of Easter. That's the most important part too! We used the Resurrection Eggs that I made at MOPS. If you don't have them, you need to look them up! They are a fabulous way to learn the story of Jesus' Resurrection. There is an egg with an item, and you open one egg a day for 12 days before Easter. Each item tells a part of the story Jesus' death and resurrection. On Saturday, we made Resurrection Rolls. They were yummy and another great way to learn the story.

B took these:

We rolled marshmallows in butter (the oils) and cinnamon/sugar (the spices) and wrapped them with crescent rolls (the linens).

After they baked in the oven, they looked like this:

When we woke up Easter morning, the Easter bunny had stopped by! We searched for eggs,


and found Easter baskets.



I need to remember to put them in cute pj's the night before Easter! After our egg hunt and digging into some candy, we headed off to the early service at church. All dressed and out of the house by 7:30 was pretty impressive! With so much time left in our day, we did some boat shopping, and then headed off to Opry Mills mall. It's finally open! I couldn't be more excited to have a mall close to us again, and the boys were excited to check out the Lego Store!


We never managed to get a full Easter family picture, but we had a great day. Lawson came home to nap, and then we headed to dinner with friends. It was a great Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment