I'll have to do a milestone post on Little Bit soon, but just thought I'd update you on how he's been feeling. We made another visit to the ER in Memphis last week with another asthma attack. Let me say, after visiting LeBohner in Memphis, I am sooooo glad that we have Vanderbilt Children's in Nashville. It was a WORLD of a difference.So we went home a few hours later, and on our way back to Nashville, Lawson started wheezing again. We took him to our doctor when we got back in town, and they started the whole procedure of steriod shots and back to back breathing treatments again. Dr. Hudson told me hopefully it would work so that we didn't have to go back to the ER AGAIN. Oh my word, was I worn out. Thankfully, Lawson got better and we returned home for 24 hours of breathing treatments every 3 hours - around the clock. Yes, it was like having a newborn again. But this time I had to set the alarm to wake up.
So... Lawson has RAD - Reactive Airway Disease, which is basically what they call asthma in toddlers. They don't get officially diagnosed with asthma until they are older. So he's on an oral steroid this week along with his inhaler 2 times a day, which he'll do all winter long. Poor guy is petrified of the doctor's office now and cries when he sees a stethoscope. Hopefully we won't have any more attacks for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment