The boys started their new school a few days after we arrived. They go Tues, Wed, and Thurs., which I love. The first day was a little rough. Lawson screamed when I dropped him off, which is normal, no big deal. But Mr. Social- I Love School- I Can Make Friends With a Rock Briley was totally fine until we walked into his new classroom. Next thing I know, he's got his little fists covering his eyes so we can't see him crying. Seeing him crying over his new room, knowing he was trying to be so big and brave, and knowing how much he loved his old school made ME start boo-hooing like a baby. Yep, crying in the hallway, at his new school, for everyone to see. So anyway, I got my tears out, he dried his up, and finally walked himself in. The director told me when I picked them up that he was talking non-stop in about 5 seconds, that's my boy.
Now, 2 weeks later, they have settled in. Briley asks about school everyday, and Lawson is all smiles the whole time he's there. Briley has 2 friends he's been talking about and loves his teacher. They both have fabulous teachers and the school is great. It reminds me so much of their school at home, and I couldn't be happier with it!
All I could get of the B-man.

No comments:
Post a Comment