Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Briley...

has been a little homesick. I have too, so I guess it's taken me a little bit for this post. The first full day we were here, he said "Mommy, I'm all done at our new house. Let's go back to our old house now." So I had to explain that other people bought our old house and were moving there. About 30 minutes later, he said "Mommy, I need to go to Papaw's house now." Oh my word, that one broke my heart. Normally, if he asked for Papaw, I'd let him call him. 9 times out of 10, Papaw would come get him. He couldn't say Papaw's name in the house for at least a week without me boo-hooing.

Well, we finally realized that he wasn't really missing the old house, he was missing his TV. We went about 2 weeks here before we got cable. Sad, I know. That is really the main adjustment issue he has had. I guess he just misses the only home he's ever know and his fabulous sets of grandparents. (Me too.)

So... we are finding alternate means of keeping touch. Mamaw has been sending Briley mail and packages. He's loving it. Briley has been coloring pictures and mailing them. We are thinking about trying out Skype next. Here are some pictures from his first package:




Sticking his tongue out when he concentrates seems to help.

Trying so hard not to smile, it's a somewhat new thing.


Read the card, Mommy.

A Popeye Movie!
Poor Mamaw... She set the standard high. She mailed him $5 for the next package, and he threw it. (Until I explained he could use the money to buy popsicles from the Ice Cream man.) Then, he agreed to thanking her.

No comments:

Post a Comment