Monday, September 27, 2010

Candy Corn Brownies

I'm sure that I am not the only person that has come up with these, but they are oh so good, that I couldn't resist sharing. Briley and I like to cook or bake together when Lawson is napping. I always have candy corn in the house around Halloween time, and I've been searching for something fun to bake with it. I couldn't find too much, so I decided that we'd try it with brownies. I love adding different toppings to brownies, mainly caramel, so I thought this would be festive and different.

Oh... my... goodness... These are the. best.. things... ever.

You've got to try it. All we did was make a regular batch of brownies and sprinkle candy corn on top before baking. They ended up melting into a gooey mess, so I did think afterwards that it would probably be better adding them halfway through your baking time. However, no matter what they looked like, they were fabulous.

I ended up looking up candy corn brownies afterwards and found a recipe where they baked a layer of candy corn and then swirled it immediately after taking them out of the oven to look marbled. I'll probably try that next time, but really it doesn't matter what they look like. They are AH-mazing! This will be a tradition in our house from now on.




1 comment: