1. These flannel sheets from Target are making me very happy when I sleep. I can't wait to snuggle up in them, and I have a hard time getting out of them. Best $24 spent, ever.

2. There was an awful wreck less then a mile from our house yesterday. It reached the national news. We had freezing fog that morning and visibility was basically at zero. Here's a pick of the freezing fog from last year, and a link to the news story. It's pretty but extremely dangerous, and was a sad day in Hendersonville.
3. Sweet Kate has had 2 great scans in a row! Keep praying that the tumors do not return and that the original one is just scar tissue. Ansley has had another scan showing No Evidence of Disease! I'm no longer her stalker either. We met her, her sweet mommy, and baby brother Britton this summer. Britton is Lawson's age, and they were great pool buddies. I am in awe of both of these strong little girls, and they are always in my prayers.
4. Tonight was Parent's Night Out at B's school. 6:30-11:30pm, pizza for dinner, movies, and staying up late. The boys LOVED it last month. Oh, and it's only $23 for both boys! Way cheaper than a babysitter :) So I couldn't wait for another night out. I had dinner and shopping plans with Nick. But it didn't go as planned. B ended up in the younger class and pitched a royal fit when I dropped him off. I won't leave the details, but I was the embarrassed mommy ready to hide in the corner, and of course felt guilty the rest of the night. Then 20 minutes into our shopping trip at Toys r Us, he got a migraine. We left and tried eating out to make it better, but it didn't work. So date night was cut short, Nick went home to bed, I late night shopped at Target, and now everyone is sleeping but me. Booo. Oh well, there's always January!
5. On a happier note, we're going to Gatlinburg in a few weeks, and I can't wait!
6. Our Elf Zicked appeared this morning. When he flew in from the fireplace, he knocked over the fireplace screen and pulled down all of the stockings. Briley ran in my room to wake me up and come see. When I got upset with Zicked for making such a mess, Briley said "Mommy don't be mad, he hasn't had his flight lessons yet. He's not a good flyer." Then he wanted to wake Lawson up to show him, but I told him to wait. When Lawson woke up, he got stressed out about the mess and made us clean it up :) I love my kids.
7. Last one! My friend Lesly called me the other day to tell me "news". Of course I immediately tried to figure out how she was pregnant, but she wasn't. She just wanted to tell me that she and her husband had decided that Nick looks like Adam Levine.
Nick and I both really like him, so I can totally handle being married to Adam Levine's look alike. I now have a new crush. So then Nick asked if he could get as many tattoos as Adam has.
Uhh, no.
No comments:
Post a Comment