So I said I would post more about Briley's doctor appointment. We went for his 3 year old checkup, which I thought would be quick and easy. I mean, he doesn't have to have shots until he's 5, so what else is there to worry about? Plenty... First of all, Briley was excited to see the doctor until the nurse called his name, and then he froze up. I couldn't get him on the scale or under the height chart. Then, he had his blood pressure taken. As you can see in the picture, this is what he looked like the whole time.
Next, a nurse comes in with gloves, and I realize that they have to prick his finger. Now, I've already told Briley no shots, so I'm starting to freak out. He wouldn't even let her see his finger, so I had to hold him and his arm while he is screaming and trying to pull it away. As soon as she pricks his finger, he sees the blood and screams louder. The rest of the visit, everytime he saw that nurse, he'd point to her and say "She pinched me, Mommy" and give her a dirty look.
Last, they brought me a cup and told me that he'd have to PEE in the cup! Are you kidding me? Briley looked at me like I was crazy when I announced this to him. Luckily, he did and we all survived. Nick thinks we may need to hide all the cups in the house for the next few days :)
As you can see, I wasn't the only one worn out after the appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment