Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day

I had high hopes for some really cute stuff on Valentine's Day, but I never put them in action. About the closest I got was pinning them on my Love Month pinboard. But... in my defense, we are in high exercise/eat healthy mode around here, and I didn't want too much temptation with all of the sweets I'm trying to avoid. So that means we didn't even have our annual heart shaped cake cookies. Bad mommy, I know.

But in my defense, I did make the day super special for the boys. When I was little, Valentine's Day was my dad's holiday. He was in charge of cards, gifts, and candy. So I'm continuing with the tradition with my boys, and their Valentine's gifts are from me. So they woke up to a bag of goodies.
Photobucket
B got a few new Ninjago men.
Photobucket
Lawson finally got his Jesse and Finn McMissile.

I never liked the pressure of doing some super romantic thing or giving some super romantic gift, so Nick and I don't make the holiday too big either. We go on a date sometime around then, and then Nick gives me Dinstuhl's chocolate covered strawberries. Last year was my first year in 8 years without them. Nick found another place here to try, but they just didn't compare. Sooo....
Photobucket

he had them shipped to me on Valentine's straight from Memphis! I did hint last year that it can be done, and he did complain that shipping cost more than the strawberries, but my oh my are they worth it! If you are in Memphis and haven't had these, you must try them! They are so worth the 3000 or so calories I consumed that day, which made me really glad I avoided all of the other treats I could have made! I finished the night off with a yummy scallop, mussel, asparagus, and roasted potato dinner. It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment