We've had quite a few snow days, but yesterday was the first snow that was fluffy enough to really go out and play. We didn't have too much, probably 1-1.5". We got another inch overnight last night. The boys didn't have school today, and Briley missed his first swim practice yesterday. I'm hoping streets melt so that we can get back to regular life around here. It's so funny how snow days have changed in the past few years. When I was teaching, snow days were like Christmas. Now, I still love them, but I'd rather if they came on the weekends so that Nick could stay and play outside with us.
Lawson wouldn't keep his gloves on, so his hands got cold really fast and he didn't last too long.

Throwing snowballs

B's snowball

Lawson: Ready, set, fire!

Briley loved snowballs and snow angels. I couldn't believe he just laid right down to do it. He used to hate laying in the snow.

Lawson, on the other hand, stood back and watched.


When Lawson came inside, Briley stayed outside making snowballs to throw at the dogs. He scooped up some snow to bring inside for snow ice cream.

We came inside and built a pallet on the floor, drank hot chocolate, and watched a movie. The boys thought it was great, and I thought it would be a fun snow day tradition to start. These guys have gotten to be such good buds.
No comments:
Post a Comment